Friday, September 26, 2014

Getting there

So this past Wednesday marked my 4 week out from my PBM. It really feels like a lot longer, but I am just happy to be over halfways through the healing period. I still have restrictions
that my doctor has placed on me - not to lift too heavy of things, not lifting my elbows above my shoulders (try washing your hair without doing that - not easy) and just overall trying to take it easy. It is hard. I feel bad for S, he has been picking up all of my slack since I have been unable to do things and he has done amazing. I couldn't have done all this insanity without him. Luckily I can actually (kind of) dress myself again. Which is awesome!

I had my third fill yesterday. The fills are such a weird thing, as a friend said "it's like puberty in fast forward!" and it is true! I get to watch my foobs grow before my own eyes, and it is rather exciting! The soreness that comes with it is anything but though. Luckily for me it doesn't last too long. Last week it was about 24 hours, I'm still a little sore this morning but I am thinking that hopefully by this afternoon I will be back at it again. It is so strange too, because it isn't just my chest that is sore, but under my arms, and back into my shoulders and my neck a little. It really goes to show how interconnected all of your muscles are, and how they rely on each other for all of our movements. The human body is such an amazing thing!

I am happy that I am doing so well too because school starts up again next week! I am really excited  to be back at it. I have already read the first chapter in my biology text book, and I'm halfways through the first chapter in my chemistry book. Yay for learning!! I am hoping that this term goes smoothly with no health bumps in the road so I can make it through without any more surgery. I have my followup pap in 2 weeks to check to make sure my surgery in May got rid of all of the precancerous cells. I'm kind of nervous, because if it is bad still then I will probably have to have a hysterectomy. Which no longer having periods would be rad, but it would be hard with school. And the expanders in, and well, surgery just sucks so it would be hard. But I am trying to not worry about it until it happens! Plus my appointment is on 10-10 at 10:10 am, has to be a good thing right?!

So here is to healing, making progress, and moving forwards! Woo hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment