Saturday, September 13, 2014

Free at Last

Well the appointment on Thursday went amazingly well - I got both of my drains removed AND
I got a 60cc fill on both side - awesome! It was great, and nice too because this time it didn't hurt when the drains were pulled. So that was a wonderful bonus. The fill didn't really hurt either, just strange. Plus it is COLD in those rooms so I was shivering and that made my muscles kind of twitch which made it feel even weirder as they were stretched out.

The filling process is kind of neat. He has this little device that has a metal thing on it, and the expander has a magnet (or vice versa, honestly not sure which way) but anyways, the little device thing moves around until it points down when you are right over the port in the expander. Then he just kind of pushes down, and it creates an indentation on my boob above the port, so he knows where to stick the BIG FREAKING NEEDLE! Then they just put it in - which doesn't hurt, I could feel it but it didn't hurt - and attach it to the big syringe and just slowly fill. It was pretty cool actually!

I go back next week to get my steri strips and stitches removed from my nipples, which will be rad. I'm curious to see how it all looks once all of that jazz has been removed. And I'll get more fill in my boobies, so that will be fun too. I'm already super happy with how everything is looking, and it will only get better! (barring any drastic changes/horrific infections)

I'm really happy and amazed at how much better I feel now that the drains have been removed. They were my cyborg extensions, sucking the life and happiness out of me. So the healing feels like it has finally truly begun, and I am feeling good :)

No comments:

Post a Comment