Thursday, August 14, 2014

13 Days to go..

So the big day is getting closer!! I spent the day today making meals and freezing, in preparation for all the down time I will be having after surgery. I feel bad for S, he will be taking on so much with the boys, and just everything!
So I am doing everything that I can to prep for him so it isn't quite so hard.

13 days until the big day. I'm getting kind of nervous - but not in the way you would expect. I am waiting to hear back from the Dr's offices about pre-authorizations for the surgery. That is really what I worry most about. It should all be fine, but ya, I'm still nervous about it! I am trying really hard to just let go, and I know that it will be fine, but until I get that official yes, it is ok, I don't think I will be!

I have my first pre-op appointment on Monday with the Anesthesiologist. I heard that this appointment will be kind of long, because they will be doing tests and stuff. I am not really sure what all that means, but hey, I will find out soon enough! I also have a pre-op appointment with the Plastic Surgeon on Thursday, so a week from today. I am really proud of myself in that I really am not freaking out about the surgery itself, and all that it entails. I feel rather calm, at ease, and more than anything, ready to get it done and over with so I can start healing! I have heard from many other previvors (what us mutants call ourselves - we hopefully don't have to be survivors because we will never get cancer, hence the PREvivors) that there is just an immense sense of relief when you first wake up after surgery. It is over, they are gone. You can now move forward on with healing, and the rest of your life. I really look forward to that feeling.

As it gets closer I imagine that I will go through the gambit of feelings and emotions. I will do my best to hold it all together though and just get er done. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment