Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Boob talk

SO S and I went and saw the breast surgeon, Dr. K. She was pretty great - straight forward, blunt, honest - the sort of doctor I like. I now have an appointment with the plastic surgeon for next Friday - the 13th :/
not sure if that is a good thing or I should be superstitious. Maybe superstitious in a good way, as in this is an odd otherworldly experience anyways, so lets throw Friday the 13th in for my first meet and greet with the plastics guy. :) But anyways.

I'm glad to be moving forward. It is scary, but I am glad that we are one step closer. If everything goes as planned on Friday, then we can schedule surgery, and it will give us enough time to hopefully get it planned for when I want it -  the last week of July - so I can go about having as much fun as I can with my family and friends between now and then so I can have at least a little fun this summer before I go to the butcher block.

Another fun thing is that I ordered some fabric a few weeks ago and it showed up and I am almost done with sewing my first skirt of the year. I like sewing. It is fun, it keeps my hands busy and my mind clear. I enjoy that sort of thing. It is a pretty fabric with a white background and blue flowers. Its a lovely summer print - and plus it will be super easy to get on and off once I have my surgery. SO that is a plus as well!!

And speaking of summer starting, Friday is my last day of school for the term! I am super excited about that :) I already have my classes scheduled for fall term, and I am ready to have a few months off. It will be a much needed break, even if half of that break will be in excruciating pain while I am recovering from my PBM, but whatever, it is better then stress from school right?

WEll the boys are both at school and my sweetie and I are going to go for a stroll. Toodles!

2 comments:

  1. Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers, sweet girl. Your doc sounds like the kind that I prefer, too---just tell it like it is. So much better than the condescending way they can be sometimes. As to sewing, well . . . I half-ass it sometimes. lol I can't sew clothes, but I've made all my downstairs window treatments. They aren't perfect, but I'm happy with them. :) Love you. Enjoy your stroll!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Auntie, I need all the prayers I can get when it comes to this mountain. And it is true, a good doctor is hard to find, and I like the ones who tell it how it is. :) I'm not the best seamstress in the world, hell I do it all by hand, but skirts are really pretty simple, and I love a good skirt in the summer! Love you!!

      Delete